By Ben Frain
Produce and keep cross-browser CSS documents more uncomplicated than ever ahead of with the Sass CSS preprocessor and its significant other authoring framework, Compass
• basic, transparent, and thorough. This e-book guarantees you don’t must be a programming mastermind to wield the ability of Sass and Compass!
• formerly difficult and time-consuming CSS initiatives turns into trivial. simply produce cross-browser CSS3 gradients, shadows, and ameliorations besides photo sprites, facts URIs, and more.
• keep on with besides fitting, developing, and dealing via a complete undertaking, enforcing the Sass and Compass suggestions and instruments as we go.
The CSS preprocessor, Sass, is turning into the de-facto typical for generating cross-browser CSS extra maintainable and with extra ease. It supercharges CSS with positive aspects that make formerly tough and time-consuming initiatives trivial. This ebook concentrates on distilling the recommendations in an easy demeanour making it obtainable to all, even to those who in simple terms recognize HTML and CSS.
Written by means of the writer of the bestselling "Responsive website design with HTML5 and CSS3", Sass and Compass for Designers will clarify every little thing you want to get Sass and Compass put in, mastered, and making your lifestyles more uncomplicated. there'll be no puzzling terminology or baffling syntax left unexplained. We'll get you put up after which construct a domain jointly, step-by-step, utilizing the amazing energy of Sass and Compass.
We will commence with a very unstyled HTML rfile and construct a responsive Sass and Compass powered web site step by means of step.
Sass and Compass make CSS effortless. You'll the way to manage colour within the stylesheet with a unmarried command, create responsive grids conveniently, instantly create photograph sprites, and create CSS3 powered principles that paintings throughout all sleek browsers.
"Sass and Compass for Designers" explains find out how to produce nice CSS more uncomplicated than ever before.
What you are going to examine from this book
• set up Sass and Compass in your approach after which organize and retain Sass and Compass powered projects!
• how one can simply manage shades; tinting, shading, blending, and complementing present colours on your stylesheets turns into a cinch.
• Make your individual responsive CSS-based structure grid that scales throughout any viewport with out additional markup needed.
• Create media query-based CSS principles along latest kinds, making responsive web site construction simpler.
• discover Compass’s many helpers and instruments. You’ll discover ways to embed photos and fonts and convey complicated cross-browser CSS3.
• Create excellent photo sprites with Compass in moments.
• how you can create loops with Sass to automate repetitive CSS tasks.
• know how to compartmentalize code, making your CSS extra maintainable, comprehensible, and modular than ever before.
A step by step instructional advisor, taking you thru tips on how to construct a responsive Sass and Compass powered website.
Who this e-book is written for
If HTML and CSS, this ebook is all you must take your code to the subsequent point with Sass and Compass. No previous knowing of CSS preprocessors or programming conventions is needed.